Preschoolers are naturally curious about bodies – their friends’ and their own. They also love potty talk and aren’t shy about nudity. When you know what kinds of sexual behaviors in young children are typical and common and how to talk with with parents about it, everyone is safer.
You Will Learn:
- Typical preschool sexual behavior and sexualized behavior and when to be really concerned
- Childhood psychological and social sexual development and the common sexual behaviors for each age group
- Non-shaming tips and scripts for interacting with young children
- Tips for reporting and documenting so you are protected
- A quick assessment tool you can put right to work
- How to keep kids and staff safer!
- This class is 2 – 3 hours including Q and A
- Highly interactive including one-on-one and small group discussions, case study evaluations, and practice using scripts.
- Handouts, evaluations, certificates and resources are part of the deal
- Marketing materials including posters/flyers and social media posts (if needed)
When you know the different phases of childhood sexual development, common and uncommon behaviors, and how to effectively talk to kids who are behaving this way, the kids in your care are protected from sexual abuse — and you are more protected from allegations.
TWO TRAINING OPTIONS AVAILABLE
Choose the training method that works best for you and/or your team.
GROUPS I’VE WORKED WITH:
I’ve worked with Boys & Girls Clubs, the US Air Force Youth and Family Services Programs, YMCA, NAEYC and tons of early childhood educators.
If you need a reference let me know.
Have A Question? Need A Quote? Just ASK!
Reach out to me if you have a question or are looking for a quote to see if one of my Professional Training courses is the right fit to help ensure that your are doing your part in child abuse prevention.
Sign up to get tips tailored to early childhood educators, childcare providers, youth center staff, school counselors, therapists and anyone who works directly with children and teens delivered to your inbox.