It seems kids are behaving, dressing and playing at being “sexy” considerably sooner than they used too! Are parents to blame? What can you do to help curb this sometimes-disturbing trend?
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Typical sexual behavior and sexualized behavior and when to be really concerned
- Why kids are growing up so quickly these days
- What happened to lead to the sexualization of children
- How sexual messages and images are impacting our kids’ healthy development
- How to know if a child’s behavior is truly concerning
- Tips and scripts for interacting with children and teens engaging in this type of behavior
- Simple things you can do to fight against over-sexualization
- This class is 2 – 3 hours including Q and A
- Highly interactive including one-on-one and small group discussions, case study evaluations, and practice using scripts.
- Handouts, evaluations, certificates and resources are part of the deal
- Marketing materials including posters/flyers and social media posts (if needed)
GROUPS I’VE WORKED WITH:
I’ve worked with Boys & Girls Clubs, the US Air Force, Family Services Programs, YMCA, NAEYC and tons of childhood educators.
If you need a reference let me know.
Have A Question? Need A Quote? Just ASK!
Reach out to me if you have a question or are looking for a quote to see if one of my Professional Training courses is the right fit to help ensure that your are doing your part in child abuse prevention.
Sign up to get tips tailored to early childhood educators, childcare providers, youth center staff, school counselors, therapists and anyone who works directly with children and teens delivered to your inbox.